Patchogue Advance, 31 May 1929, p.14.Patchogue Advance
The Post Park at Beaver Dam Road bridge has been beautified, several new willow trees being set out, and many plants adorn the banks of the pond. At the entrance is a rustic gate. John Sives is the landscape artist and gardener.
, 25 Feb 1938, p. 12.
The James Post property on Beaver Dam road next to the Beaver Dam creek has for many years been open to the public as a park. The two ponds are used for skating in the winter and the streams for wading in the summer. This beautiful property is enhanced by schrubs and flowers planted here and there. The woods are delightful to walk through. Little bridges have been built over the smaller streams and a small dam for one of these streams. Not long ago the land was cleared of dead leaves and burned and a few benches were added. Now there are new picturesque paths running through the property and the people of Brookhaven are welcome to enjoy these walks. Strange as it may seem there has been property damage done here, such as demolishing the bridges and the breaking of plants. In spite of this, Mr. Post has not closed the property but has made it instead lovelier than ever, so that the public may yet enjoy this quiet spot.
Patchogue Advance, 15 February 1935, p. 11
On the west bank of the creek, and the north side of Beaver Dam road, a section of land is being preserved as a small, natural park*. A little pond, several tiny streams, a profusion of wild flowers and shrubs, and a bit of woodland intersected by winding paths, make it a place of enchantment. Screened from the road by tall bushes and underbrush, the sounds of an occasional passing car dimmed by the murmur of the waters, it is easy to imagine oneself far away in time, as well as place, from the present day world. Nor is it difficult to imagine the pleasure and appreciation those first settlers must have felt in finding their new surroundings so pleasant.
During the 1950s, the Girl Scouts appear to have assumed some responsibilities for the maintenance of the Park. Mrs. Thomas Morrow (Elizabeth Post Morrow, James H. Post's daughter) was recorded as the owner.
Advance, 24 June 1954, p. 18.
Several Girl Scout mothers meet to clear out brush and poison ivy.
Advance 3 Mar 1955, p. 16.
Girl Scouts hike to park.
Patchogue Advance, 24 Mar 1955, p. 18.
Girl Scouts undertake a project of mapping park site and its trails.